Florida Auto Accident Lawyer James Cunningham
Since he passed the Florida bar examination in 1977, Orlando personal injury attorney James Cunningham has provided his clients with legal counsel informed by his decades of practicing law. His passion is assisting people who have been injured through the negligence of other people or institutions throughout Central Florida. Over the years, he has earned the reputation as a lawyer who works tirelessly to obtain recoveries for the physical and emotional pain that his clients suffer. He is also respected by his peers in the legal community for his commitment to excellence and exhaustive case preparation.
- Florida, 1977
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Florida
Professional Certifications and Specialties
- Board Certified in Civil Pretrial Practice Advocacy, by the National Board of Trial Advocacy
- Board Certified Civil Trial Specialist, the Florida Bar, 1984 – present
- Board Certified Civil Trial Advocate, National Board of Trial Advocacy, 1985 – present
- Adjunct Professor of Law, Trial Advocacy, Barry University College of Law, Orlando FL, 2009
- Board Certified Circuit Court Mediator, 1996-2004
- Awarded the highest rating available for legal ability, ethics and diligence by Martindale-Hubbell, the Nation’s oldest and most respected attorney rating system, 1987
- Member of the Bar Register of Preeminent Personal Injury Lawyers 1987- present
- Life member of the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100 Trial Lawyers (2016-2017)
- Charter Fellow of the American College of Board Certified Attorneys (2015)
- And many others
In 1989, Mr. Cunningham was admitted to the American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA). The ABOTA is a nationwide organization of lawyers who represent individuals, insurance companies, health care providers and product manufacturers. Only attorneys who have extensive trial jury experience and who exhibit “high personal character and honorable reputation” are allowed membership into this prestigious professional organization.
In Central Florida, there are well over 6,000 attorneys practicing law. Of those, only 75 are members of ABOTA’s Central Florida chapter. Mr. Cunningham was a charter member of the Central Florida Chapter and was the chapter’s president in 1996. He was also elected and served on ABOTA’s National Board of Directors from 1999-2005.
Less than one-half of one percent of the lawyers in America is selected as Law Dragon 3000’s Leading Plaintiff Lawyers; however, Mr. Cunningham was selected for this recognition again in 2015. In addition to his Juris Doctor Degree from Florida State University College of Law, Mr. Cunningham has also earned a Seminary Degree. Together with his wife, Joyce, Jim served on the Board of Directors for the Tampa-based organization Family First, which strengthens and improves families in Florida. Jim and Joyce are also strong supporters of the local chapter of Habitat for Humanity.
Orlando car accident attorney James Cunningham and his experienced staff of legal professionals are available to discuss your legal rights during a free initial consultation. If Mr. Cunningham accepts your case, he works on a contingency-fee basis, which means that he will not charge you for anything unless he makes a financial recovery. To schedule a free consultation with experienced Orlando auto accident attorney James Cunningham, call his law offices today at 888.352.2886.